Monday, April 13, 2009

An Award!

Omigosh,omigosh, I have just received my first ever award! Max and JD have presented me with the “Honest Scrap” Award. I had an emotional acceptance speech all prepared, but the computer ate it, so I will just say, “Thank you, guys!”.

As a recipient of the award I have to tell you 10 things about myself. Hold on tight.

  1. I am a destroyaholic. I love destroying things. It is fun. Some people think you have problems if you like destroying things. I think maybe those people should have a good look at themselves. They may be the one with the problem. Things I have destroyed - numerous toys, a couple of blankets, a couple of books, a slipper, a shoe, Dad's glasses, my doghouse, plants, railings on the porch, irrigation pipes, the floor in the laundry room, the siding on the house...And I started from an early age...


2. I have a gazillion nicknames - The Ham, Hammy, Hamdog, Satan, Devil dog, Monkey (i may make monkey noises at times). Some nicknames cannot be repeated here...

3. I like hangers. Dunno why...I just do. I get one and try to see if I can get my parents to let me outside without them noticing I have it. Once I had Mom coming to the back door every couple of minutes as I would just go and get another hanger once the previous one was taken away. It was funny.

4. I love eating. It's all good - kibble, bones, chicken, peanut butter, carrots and other vegies, treats, Wheat bix, anything you may have dropped on the floor and weren't quick enough to pick up.

5. The previously mentioned bones give me gas. It doesn't bother me, but people around me tend to accuse my bum of being broken or somesuch nonsense.


6. I love going to the vets. A lot of dogs hate it, but I think it is lots of fun. And they love me there and give me treats.

7. When I go for a walk I have to wear a gentle leader around my head because I get way too excited when there are other dogs around. I hate it and in protecst I rub my face against Mom's legs while she is walking. She trips and gets angry. I "Bwahaahahaha" to myself.

8. I go crazy after I have a shower. I run around and have to rub myself all over everything. Mom and Dad put down a blanket for me so that I can roll all over it.

9. Sometimes I get crazy zoomies. I run all around the backyard, sometimes with my tail tucked in between my legs. Wait...there's no photographic evidence of that so it never happened! Ha! Disregard!

10. I have been told I make weird noises in my sleep. Sometimes there is snoring and snorting. Other times there may be crying or yodelling.

Now I must pick 7 more lovely pups to pass the award onto. And the award goes to *drumroll*


4. Bolo



Unfortunately most of the pups I wanted to give the award to already had it! So I am only able to pass on to 6 (and even then i kinda cheated). I am sorry to have failed you. I'll be sitting in the corner if anyone needs me...*sob*

Happy Easter everyone!

11 comments:

Ruby said...

Your honest secrets sound a lot like the rest of us Airedales... except that you've reminded me that I don't go crazy zoomies anymore. That was so much fun - people would fall about laughing at me. I must try and remember to reinstate that in my repertoire of cute tricks.

Thanks for the award, Hamish - I'll have to try and think of something to say.

cheers,
Ruby

JD and Max said...

Hi Hammish - we roared with laughter reading your 10 honest things, loved the photo of you and the hanger, he he he! And awwww, Mr Destroyer of Everything, you could never fail anyone!! Our nomination of our Uncle Mark is kinda oustide the rules a bit too as he doesn't have a public blog, but we also found it a bit hard to find a 7th hound who hadn't already received this award! We look forward to reading the honest scrap of your nominations (which is why we kinda like this award as it 'opens up the airways' so to speak, well, it certainly helps us be more nosey -he he he!) Tail wags - JD and Max.

Molly the Airedale said...

We have to say that we've never played with a hanger before, Hamish! We love the picture of the hook curled around your nose! hehehe
We hope your Easter was the best!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Noah the Airedale said...

Big congrats on your first award Hamish.
I'm not big on zoomies myself but my sissies sure are. I like to stand in one spot and bark at them as they zoom past hehe.

tailwags
Noah

the TN Bull Terrors said...

Nice to meet you Hamish, Bolo sent us over! Congrats on the award! We do crazy zoomie things too, DawgMom & all the Bull Terrier people call them hucklebutts! Either way, it's fun!

Feather, Darla & Pappy, the TN Bull Terrors

Rebecca said...

Congratulations. :-)

The Black and Tans. said...

WEll done on receiving such a prestigious award. We enjoyed reading your 10 honest things. Thanks for choosing us to pass it on to.

Your pals

Molly and Taffy

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

Congrats on the award. Your honesty was refreshing. I'm extremely honest too, but Hootie has a way of strechhhhhing the truth. The crazy zoomies are still part of my repretoire though while we're in Phoenix this condo is pretty small to go full bore! Hootie and I had a great romp last night though. Mom was in stitches.
You sure have destroyed a lot of stuff.May I use your resume to show Mom & Daddy that I'm not as naughty as I could be?hahaha.
AireSmooches, BabyRocketDog

Hootie here. Do NOT believe a word of what BabyRD says. Hey,your pawsome! Don't know how come our mommy never brought us to visit you b4. We'll be back!
WelshieHugs, Hootie

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

Me again. Hootie is such a doodah. Mommy brought ME here before. She couldn't find a place to sign up as a follower though. I think she'll try to manually (heavens!) put you on her fav list. Later Hammy!
XO-BabyRocketDog

Lucia said...

Ciao bello Hammie!!

OMD, you and I could be fraternal twinnies of different pawrents! I read your "Honest Scrap" list and saw myself in every answer (giggle, giggle and triple giggle...). La mia ragazza (that's "my girl" in Italian) says her nerves are destroyed from all of my middle-of-the-night vocalizing. I scare her out of a deep sleep and she practically hits the ceiling!!! It's HILARIOUS!

BTW, I found your bloggie by routing through Gooberstan. Santa vacca, I'm so glad I took the detour!!

Tanti baci!
Lucia

Oskar said...

Hamish, It's very good of you to be so honest. I think that your folks talking about your bum being broken is just rude, everyone needs a little "airing out" every once in a while.

JD & Max were good enough to give me this awards also. I'd better get to it!